RE: [LUG] d&c talk/expo?

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> I will contact marc, chas can you contact Roger W, you being liason and
> blagging goodies from vendors type, and I'll ask if anyone on squackers,
> void, etc fancy doing a talk on how using OSS has made them richer happier
> people - also greg (a london perl monger) is organising the YAPC::europe
> conference so we can get tips and stuff from him (like how to blag from O
> Reilly).

Of course we'd have to work out where, when, how etc before we contact
people asking if they'd want to do it. But it would be nice if we knew who
would be up for doing talks before we started looking at town halls, and
more importantly who we could talk into paying for it - how about getting
the Uni Short Learning / Training centre to pay as pennance for being MS
lakeys - that would be nice and teach them not to interupt Final Year
students in networking lectures for their bloody sales spiel when we don't
want or need their crappy bloody courses.

A.

--
<!-- betty  at  area51 --><A HREF = "http://www.termisoc.org/~betty">
LAUNCELOT:  We were in the nick of time. You were in great peril.