Re: [LUG] Mount command and a CD RW

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, Paul Sutton wrote:

> In addition the permissions are as follows

if the permissions for /mnt/cdrom are -rw-r--r--  then thats going to give
you problems.  A mount point should always be a directory and thusly the d
flag should be set.  Mount will change the dir permissions when you mount
a device to :drwxr-xr-x or similar

what output does df give?

> I have attached the mtab and fstab files for reference
> /mnt/cdrom      /mnt/cdrom      supermount user,exec,dev,blah
that going to give you som interesting issues, the 1st field should be
/dev/cdrom (assuming /dev/cdrom is a symlink to your cd device)

> The same goes for the console I get a device error report when trying
> to cd to /mnt/cdrom

Cant say I'm surprised.
Try specifying all the info on the command line:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

> my / partition is 1 gb and my /home is also about the same.  I have a
> swap which is bigger than 127 mb,  has the size allowance changed
> recently as at one time if one needed more then 127 you had to use more
> then one swap.  Not a problem but may save time and hassle on later
> installs.

I can't say I've ever heard of a 127mb limit on a swap partition, our
server runs a 250mb swap quite happily.

> Also

> How do I get windows back to default o/s

Have these entries in /etc/lilo.conf:
boot=/dev/hda
deafult=win

Then do: