Re: [LUG] Life ??

OK yes there *are* people out here, though I don't know the population of this
list, I suspect there are a few of us.  I guess your question might be
interpreted as -why don't you people post more messages - well, assuming that, I
can only speak for myself.  I have been a Linux user since kernel version
0.9ish but I don't consider myself to be any sort of wizard on Linux, just
don't have the time, plus I work in an MS only company - marjon.ac.uk (don't
even think about trying it unless you have a flash capable brower) so I have to
spend a lot of time trying to figure out the opposition - and explaining why
things don't work!!   While I love showing off what I can do with The Gimp at
work, my ambition is to eventually figure out how to connect a Linux client
machine to a bunch of NT servers so that I can finally forget about MS on my
office machine.  At home I used to spend a lot of time coding Java but I have
recently become totally hooked on Python.  Both are cross-platform languages,
but IMHO windoze is not going to go away for a few years yet and we will need a
few legacy apps ;-)   I havn't been a member of this list for very long - a
month or two - so I can't judge it very well, but most postings I see on
this and other lists seem to ask for help on subjects I really don't know
too much about. but I often see questions posted that I would really like to
know the answer to, so I guess it must seem like a lot of lurkers - reading and
learning.

One final thought - if anyone on the list is contemplating some sort of
get-together, install-fest or even a local linux beer hike!! Count me in.
(anywhere except North Devon - sorry but the public transport from Plymouth is
terrible)

take care out there

Tony

There is a green, multi-legged creature crawling on your shoulder.