Re: [LUG] help wanteed

On 02-Feb-00 at 12:49:26 Jon Still wrote:
> I've even been very clever and found the relevant lines.  Wop those in
> /etc/conf.modules and all should be well.  Let me knw if it works as I
> don't have a working Linux install to test it on right now:
>
> alias ppp-compress-21          bsd_comp
> alias ppp-compress-24          ppp_deflate
> alias ppp-compress-26          ppp_deflate

Sounds right. However, I guess you don't want compression through the
ppp/modules software; I let the modem hardware handle all that. I found that
by using software compression the transfer rate sloowwed.

John (living in north plymouth)

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john at jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk