Re: [LUG] Intro

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, John Horne wrote:

> Nice to see an archive being done, but the web page looks a bit...er black?

That reminds me, I must remember to start gettting that working properly.

> I currently run redhat linux 5.2 at work, this or next week I'll upgrade to
> 6.1, and at home run RH6.0.

Nooo, dont do it! imho 5.2 is by a country mile the best of the RH dists
so far as long as you keep it patched and bung a 2.2 kernel on it.

In all honesty 6.1 is ok(ish), Ive been running 6.1 at home for a coulple
of weeks now and after spending much of that time tweaking it here and
there, it has turned into a fairly servicable dist.  I still run 5.2 on my
old 486 and after recenly putting 2.2.13 on it, its been wonderful (if a
little slow).

This is why TermiSoc's main server still runs RH5.2 :).  All this is very
imho, though.

If you want to experiment run 6.x, if you want reliablity, run 5.2.

-=-=-Alex Charrett-=-=-
FluxBBS Sysop and TermiSoc Technical Officer

chas at termisoc.org
http://www.termisoc.org/~chas/