[LUG] Intro

Hmm...well I guess it was only a matter of time before Devon and/or Cornwall
got its own LUG. Saves wondering where on earth the Bristol and Bath lot are
talking about sometimes (the previously closest LUG to us).

Cheers for starting it off Alex (I assume it was you or else you just got
'volunteered' for it).

Nice to see an archive being done, but the web page looks a bit...er black?

By way of intro for those of you who don't know me I work over in what was
the 'Computing Service'. Having said that, and to avoid any complaints,
problems, threats or whatever, I'm not going to say any more :-)

I currently run redhat linux 5.2 at work, this or next week I'll upgrade to
6.1, and at home run RH6.0. I should also be able to squeeze another
distribution - suse, slackware or perhaps something like freebsd - onto a
2GB partition on my work PC. That won't happen for a while yet though.

As to anything else, well I'll stick in a geek code into the signature at
some point :-)

That's it.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK             Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk
Finger for PGP key: john at jhorne.csd.plymouth.ac.uk