Re: [LUG] Smoothwall

> Kelly Jones wrote:
>
> The installer does not recognise the PCMCIA Ethernet network card and
> asks me to specify a Module to be used but i cannot find any
> documentation which gives me a list of possible parameters etc to be
> used.

I have just stuck pcmcia-cs 3.1.25 (i.e. latest) on my laptop and
couldn't find a reference to MRI in SUPPORTED.CARDS *8(

> The card is an MRI, but i am sure it is merely a clone of a popular
> card and i will be able to get all the necessary info if i boot into
> Windows.
> Can anyone help on the module prob?

Afraid not - noticed that mri.co.uk have a technical support page to
submit queries - you never know!

What does 'cardctl ident' say? Or doesn't it work if the card is
unknown?

I'm looking for a 10/100 Ethernet card for Linux laptop so
recommendations sought. I have some listed at about 35GBP in a
catalogue, but they are unbranded.

> I unfortunately could not attend but it sounds like it all went well
> and new members are always a positive sign

You missed my talk on firewalls, and the mention of a vendor who started
shipping hardware firewalls after doing software only, partly because
people hit too many problems with things like dodgy network cards and
building their own Linux boxes *8-)

	Simon