[LUG] LDE: Exeter Linux Day News - 3 days to go...

Hi Folks,

just a few bits of news.

We have all the sponsors we were after for the Exeter event - so I
shouldn't go hungry by underwriting the event *8-)

We have over 30 named attendees. How many others turn up is in the lap
of the gods and people telling their friends<hint hint>. Do tell anyone
who might not have enough to do on Sunday about the event - you'd be
amazed who is interested in Linux and Open Source software these days.

We've just got a box of marketing stuff from O'Reilly (The people who do
the books with the animal drawings on the covers), and Josetta from ORA
marketing says some books should arrive tomorrow. O'Reilly have
suggested we raffle the books at the end of the day - so do bring a few
pennies along, and stay for the raffle draw.

Dr Midgley of Exeter wrote to remind me about a conference on Open
Source in Health Care in London on the 6th and 7th September (
www.oshca.org ), I replied reminding him of the Linux day, and after a
few e-mails, threats, and the like, we now have a new speaker.

We don't have that many installations lined up to do yet. Do encourage
people to register with www.linuxday.org.uk if they want an installation
done (They don't have to answer all the questions about their PC - I
couldn't !).

	See you Sunday,

	Simon

--
Want to learn about Linux? Get it installed?
Devon and Cornwall LUG Event for UK Linux Day