[LUG] [Fwd: re open day]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: re open day
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:23:31 +0100
From: pwbunce <pwbunce at attglobal.net>
To: lug-list at area51.termisoc.org

I hope to come to open day,

how difficult will it be to bring a computer and load a usable flavor of
linux. to learn on, if so what version would be best?
i've got 98 on 2 gb  a partition of 2.5 waiting for 0s2 and another
reserved for linux plus 1.4 as fat data

BTW i have an adeptec 29160n scsi card, which is presently stopping me
cos i carnt load os2 and i cannot load os2 cos i cannot load the
drivers, ive got orible98 but dont like using it

i bought mandrake 7 for lots of money, but basically nothing worked cept
internet, joined newbie list and started to receive 250-300 e,mails a
day from ammericans who could not print could not load this or that,
seemed not to be able to do any thing with mandrake !! so i rather gave up.

any  advice will be welcome