RE: [LUG] LDE: Page on LUG Site.

On 15-Mar-01 at 09:00:39 Alex Charrett wrote:
>> From: Simon Waters [mailto:Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk]
>> It's still slow so slow the termisoc site - is it on some bizarre
>> internal link at the University?
>
> Oddly enough not, its in a very good place network wise (last time I
> looked).

Correct.

> The problem has often been the whole site connection.  It has a tendancy
> to get saturated.

The University local networking is fine. The problem is the global Internet
connection further up the line (at Exeter or further up at Bristol), and as
such affects most of the south west colleges connected to the south west
area network. It is that which gets saturated. The latest I gather is that
the connection (or the routing equipment) at that site is to be changed in
the next few weeks, so the general Uni connection to the Internet should
improve. In the long term there will no doubt be a substantial improvement
as I assume the equipment will be completely replaced, but I have said
enough already...:-)

John.

E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk