Re: [LUG] X shutdown

Alex Charrett wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Paul Weaver wrote:
>
> > You can also try, from lilo, "linux init=3", which should stop you
> > from going into x.
>
> linux 3 will do the same thing too ;)

Hey "init 3" at a root prompt - who wants to reboot just to stop X.

I usually only drop to 4 - it stops samba and a few bits on my box - 3
may stop more - YMMV.

You could edit /etc/inittab, init q, and then kill X.....

--
Want to learn about Linux? Get it installed?
Devon and Cornwall LUG Event for UK Linux Day