Re: [LUG] Net Access

Trevor Sansom wrote:

> BT have just informed me that from March 31st my
> BTinternet Evening & Weekend package will be upgraded.
> There are however no free lunches, the downside being
> that BT must be your telephone provider. Eurobell are
> my phone provider and provide a line which allows 56k
> modem access but no unlimited surftime packages. Can
> anyone suggest an alternative, Bt was only 9.95/month.
> FreeServe do offer a service for 8.95 but it too
> requires BT phone line.

Sorry not Linuxy enough *8-) go to www.unmetered.org.uk

The problem is these rates all exploit the new BT pricing structure. So
without a BT line you probably won't find exactly comparable offers.

BT are I still think doing return to BT really cheap, but BT customer
service sucks at times - curate's egg like.

Do work out how much surfing you do, would do etc, as at evening rates
10 quid of calls is a lot of surfing a month. I bought the Anytime
package, but whilst I now surf a lot more I was doing a lot of Internet
stuff during the day to run up a 20 quid bill in a month. I believe that
the 0844 calls on BT are cheaper than 0845 even if you don't have
surftime, but unmetered is the place to check.

Of course if you like playing chess online like me....... surftime is a
god send.

--
Want to learn about Linux? Get it installed?
Devon and Cornwall LUG Event for UK Linux Day