Re: [LUG] Laptops anyone?

--- Simon Waters <Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk> wrote: >
Just stuck Linux on my Laptop (Acer Travelmate
> 200DX) despite the
> wonderfully helpful ACER web site that says 'We
> recommend Windows 98'
> (Did they think before writing that I wonder).

Apropos laptops with linux. I installed Caldera Open
Linux in a text only install on my Compaq lte 4/25
with 520 Mb Hd & 20 Mb mem. The HD was repartioned
using FIPS. The rest of install was resonably simple
via laplink and Win95. The strange thing is that no
matter what I do with FDISK during the install it
insists on reporting the Linux partition as being
about twice the availble disk size. Even Dos Fdisk
reports it wrongly.

Trevor Sansom