[LUG] updating /etc/group & vmware

I am just setting up vmware (to run a digital TV emulator within a win98
vm - sick eh?!) and I need to provide mny user with access to the the
drives (hd*) which the vmware documentation reccomendas is done best by
adding the user to the disk group (who has rw access to /dev/hd*) as
required by vmware to do its juju voodoo.

I added my username to the list of users for group.

but vmware doesn't beleive that I have access to /dev/hd*.

Do I need to update another file or call a program to reread the group
file or relogin or what?

Or is vmware just being prissy.

cheers,

A.
(who is desperate to not have to reboot just to use an emulator for 30
mins)

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty  at  termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a