RE: [LUG] Boot Messages

> During the loading of Mandrake 7.2 the following
> message appears amongst the many then displayed.
> Can anyone enlighten me as to the significance? Am I
> losing anything by this failure? If possible I would
> prefer to step around this section of the boot process
> as it is rather time consuming.

OOOh dear, that sounds like either your hard disk (more likely) or the
controller (less likely) is on its way out.

That, as far as I remember is during kernel boot so there's no way round it.

I would be more concerned about your hardware than the boot time.

Time to back everything up then :)

Alex.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended
only for the individuals named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should be aware that any
dissemination, distribution, forwarding or other duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual author
and not necessarily those of
Securicor Information Systems Limited.
Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message
you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by using the e-mail reply facility.