[LUG] Boot Messages

During the loading of Mandrake 7.2 the following
message appears amongst the many then displayed.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the significance? Am I
losing anything by this failure? If possible I would
prefer to step around this section of the boot process
as it is rather time consuming.

"Partition check:
 hda: hda1 hda2 hda3
 hdc:hdc: timeout waiting for DMA
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func
only: 14
hdc: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdc: timeout waiting for DMA
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func
only: 14
hdc: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdc: timeout waiting for DMA
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func
only: 14
hdc: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdc: timeout waiting for DMA
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func
only: 14
hdc: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdc: DMA disabled
ide1: reset: success
 [PTBL] [1027/255/63] hdc1 < hdc5 hdc6 hdc7 hdc8 hdc9
hdc10 >"

 ANy assistance gratefully recieved.