Re: [LUG] email with attachments

Cameron Tampion wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Simon Waters wrote:
> > Cameron Tampion wrote:
> > > Has anyone experienced problems with emails with attachments not downloading
> > > from your ISP to your Linux (e.g. RH 6.0) box?  It's mainly just M$ Word docs
> > > that seem to cause the problem; standard formats like gifs, jpgs, plain text,
> > > etc are no problem....
> >
> > Are you using the Demon SMTP kickbacks or POP3? Some POP3 clients can be
> > configured to leave big messages behind to save time and phone bills.
>
> SMTP (nothing like a rapid answer :-) ....

And that was nothing like a rapid answer.

Apart from giving people who send me big word documents a hard stare -
I've had no problems with demon smtp and word documents (I'm using RH
6.1)

Do you get incoming SMTP connections initiated for them?
Your connection is staying open long enough 8-)
Any thing logged anywhere in /var/log that looks even vaguely odd.
Did you fiddle with TCPD and hosts.allow?

Have you fiddled with the sendmail.cf or other settings at all? did you
tell anyone? If you did fiddle and didn't tell anyone install postfix
and pretend it never happened 8-)

	Simon