[LUG]Re: anyone use "Arduino" device?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2024, rds_met wrote:

Thanks for explanations and words of encouragement.

Ultimately I benefit from at this juncture only needing to make an Arduino do something like say “Hello World!”. Well, measuring some instrument putting voltage to one fo the inputs would get me home-and-dry for now - maybe a thermocouple, with its voltage computed to a temperature and displayed.

Thermocouples are fickle things. You'll get all sorts of people bleating at you about using the correct amplifiers for them and cold junction compensation and stuff when what works well is a little device that does it all for you - e.g. the MAX31855 (or equivalent). These are SPI devices and are pretty good at what they do for the cost.

I used them to good effect in a Pi controlled oven once upon a time.

Gordon