Re: [LUG] Spreadsheet help

On 01/07/2022 09:54, Pentiddy wrote:
I have a fairly specific question to anyone who is an experienced spreadsheet user.

I have a column of data in a spreadsheet which relates to co-ordinates on a grid (xx,yy). What I would like to do is 'map' those co-ordinates on a spreadsheet- i.e translate xx,yy to a cell co-ordinate. Ideally I would be able to place information from another column on the data into the identified cell. I feel like this should be possible, and have looked through functions and searched the internet but have not found even a starting place.

Any help would be gratefully received.

I am using Libreoffice Calc but assume most spreadsheets will have similar functionality unless we move into the realms of Macros and VBA...

Thanks

Anthony

Why do you have BOTH co-ordinates in ONE cell?

Much easier to organise if a cell only contains one co-ordinate.

While I appreciate both coordinates list a specific point on a 2 dimension map. the data relative to conjunction of both co-ordinates can be listed in another column row where 3 columns are inline
E.g.

Lat     Long     data

52.2    -2.5     wrong house
52.2    -2.9     right house

The selection process is one value of Lat plus one value of Long showing the data for these two.

It is a complex (more than one cell) search resulting in value.

Problem is many selections will result in more than one dat answer.

"If X, and Y, then result is Z"

Just my ill informed half-pennyworth.

--
Regards