[LUG] Paignton Library STEM Group

Hi All

Just posting some info about the STEM Group meeting on Saturday.

The next meeting of the Paignton Library STEM Group is this Saturday (11th June 2022).

At last month’s meeting, one of our attendees gave a short talk about Amplifier Circuits which was very interesting. He also gave a talk on exam preparation which was well received by other attendees who found it very helpful.

This month, we will be having a short talk on the life and work of James Clerk Maxwell who was a Scottish mathematician and scientist, very important in the field of electromagnetic radiation.

We will also be showing a YouTube video on the hardware components inside a typical computer, along with a practical demonstration. This will be the first in a series of talks concerning hardware repairs and upgrades and the restrictions of some operating systems.

The purpose of the Paignton Library STEM Group is to encourage and support participation in STEM subjects. Our event aims to create a friendly hub for STEM enthusiasts to share, collaborate and learn. Please do bring your personal STEM projects to the event, we would love to see what you are working on.

Some of our regular activities will include:
- Coding, Robotics and Electronics.
- Science Demos.
- Raspberry Pi, BBC Micro:bit, Lego WeDo and Lego Mindstorms.

The event is led by volunteers, who run a blog about the STEM Group and projects being worked on: https://personaljournal.ca/paigntonlibrarystemgroup/about

Event Details:
Held on the 2nd Saturday of every month at Paignton Library (currently in the I.T Suite).
There are two sessions - 11am to 1pm and 1pm to 3pm.

Booking is essential for each session as numbers are limited – please phone the library on 01803 714460 or email paignton.library@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to book your place.

Hope this helps

Paul

--