Re: [LUG] Fw: [SECURITY] [DSA 5015-1] samba security update

On 01/12/2021 14:47, Sebastian wrote:
> Dear Fraser,
>
>> Don't do nothing about it, but do something about it one way or >
>> another... Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> Package        : samba
>> CVE ID         : CVE-2020-25717
>>
>> Andrew Bartlett discovered that Samba, a SMB/CIFS file, print, and login
>> server for Unix, may map domain users to local users in an undesired
>> way. This could allow a user in an AD domain to potentially become root
>
> Looks like this has been fixed since Debian 10 'Oldstable' Buster, so
> I shouldn't imagine anyone on this mailing list is affected :)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Sebastian

I last week just updated my very old spare email only Debian 10 to
Debian 11, [It is a fall back spare old computer] only Debian runs on i!
No hope of or risk of SAMBA ever as it had Windows XP (or was it  98?)
wiped a long time ago.
I use it to demonstrate  that old stuff can have a use.
Keeps it out of landfill etc.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald