Re: [LUG] error copying a file using smbclient

On 16/11/2021 16:17, Giles Coochey wrote:
On 16/11/2021 07:52, stinga wrote:
G'day all,

We have changed ISP from BT to Zen at the office and now don't seem to copy files.

This is very often caused by configuring a MTU that is too high within OpenVPN.

https://www.sonassi.com/help/troubleshooting/setting-correct-mtu-for-openvpn
G'day,

Thanks Giles, I was beginning to think MTU maybe playing a part in this.
It did work with BT (it was plusnet actually)

It is set to the default of 1500, should it not automagically work this out itself, thought I had been down this rabbit hole before (2 years ago) and I ended up removing a whole load of things like mssfix etc that I had added to try and make it work (Think I was doing TCP then for some reason)

I can see that openvpn is currently set to 1500 and I can see that ping fails with  it at 1500, I need to do
ping -Mdo -s1470 legato
To get a successful ping.

I resume I will need to make the change on both the server and client if I pass --tun-mtu 1470?
Just doing it on the client will not work? (which brings up a problem...)

Also openvpn is not showing any other issues, we stream audio over it fine, just these files won't copy over smb/cifs.
Does that sound correct?

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\