Re: [LUG] Simple Photo Editor

On 20/07/2021 08:45, Tom via list wrote:
On 24/06/2021 12:10, Neil wrote:
On 24/06/2021 11:19, Pentiddy wrote:
I just tried Pinta- looks pretty good, maybe quite complex(!?) but it also crashed randomly (which from the reviews on the software centre is a recurring theme) I believe xnconvert is QT based, and It has the advantage of being able to save your preferences for quick duplicate actions...
Has anyone else used it out of interest?

Anthony

I had a quick look at pinta this morning. It was not in my repos so I tried a separate install. And yes it did crash almost at once.

Neil

https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/19/darktable_3_point_six_review/

FYI

Tom te tom te tom

Thanks for that. I have a good look at the review. I should add that I have used darktable in the past. I found it very powerful but not easy to use.

As I said at the start, I already have gimp and krita installed. I was looking for a more simple program. Perhaps just to crop, sharpen, resize a photo to make it small enough to send by email or whatever. This was meant mainly for family photos to send on while we are still in this covid nonsense.

Hope the family are all well,

Neil