Re: [LUG] Memory

On Sun, 7 Mar 2021, 10:35 Rich Brown, <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All

I have a ASRock B250M-HDV motherboard with one stick of 8gb Ram. I want
to upgrade the ram to 16gb but I have noticed that I can buy a single
stick of 16gb Ram quite cheaply. Several questions:

1. Can I combine 16gb and 8gb please?

You should be able to. You won't get the benefit of it operating in "dual channel" mode if you do.

2. How do I know what ram is the 8gb please?

In the "BIOS" it should tell you which stick is installed in which slot.

3. Is there a maximum amount of ram I can upgrade to please?

The manual that was linked to already says it will support 32GB max.

Grant.