Re: [LUG] Blanking screen on login after suspend

Dear Anthony,

> This still not resolved.
> It all seems to work for the initial login screen, but not the (slightly
> different) screen after a resume.
> This screen also annoyingly does not have the option to suspend again
> meaning if you do not wish to use the computer you have to log in then
> suspend...
> Niggles only I know, but niggles are niggles...

Why not try this? It's not a fix as such but it could reveal the cause
of the PC not suspending again.

Let your PC go to sleep, then wake it up again, so you should be at that
graphical login prompt which you said the PC wouldn't suspend from again.

Press the key combination Ctrl+Alt+an F key - it could be any F-key, but
you may need to hold a key called Fn if it's a laptop. You should now be in
a Linux text console. Log in with your username and password. Now you can
run this command in the shell prompt that appears:

systemd-inhibit --list >> $HOME/inhibitors

That should write to a file called 'inhibitors' in your home directory
with a list of programs that are stopping your computer from going back
to sleep. Maybe the culprit is to be found in there! :)

Best wishes, Sebastian
- Freenode: 'seabass'