Re: [LUG] Blanking screen on login after suspend

On 23/11/2020 15:53, Pentiddy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A niggle that I'm failing to resolve: When coming out of suspend the
> login screen appears, and all is well if I type my password etc. all
> works as it should.
> The niggle that is after a short time the screen blanks (screensaver?)
> and it appears at a glance as if the computer is not on, so on occasion
> it has drained the battery and turned itself off.
> Is there a setting to stop the screen from blanking on the login screen
> please?
> I am using Xubuntu 20.04 and (i think) LightDM GTK+ greeter- and yes
> i've already tried messing with all the settings from the system menu,
> including the one which has a slider saying 'Timeout until the screen
> blanks - which is set to Never.
> This seems to work on the initial login from bootup, but not on the out
> of suspend screen (which is slightly different)
> Thanks for any help or suggestions as to where to look...
>
> Regards
>
> Anthony

You need to adjust three parts:
Power saver, to never blank screen, when on power supply.
Screen saver to "Off" or disabled.
Find if there is a time limit to enter log on response.
I believe it is possible to limit this screen valid for entry for "x"
seconds only.

If log on screen in openSUSE is left open, with no entry, the screen
blanks, similar to what you describe. However easy to recover, by
shutting down and restarting.

PS I never work on battery during any log on. Effectively laptop is
tethered to power cable, and logged in , open , except when  being moved
between rooms (battery use about 5 minutes to 12 year old battery).

--
regards
Eion MacDonald