Re: [LUG] New Printer

On 04/11/2020 17:22, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 16:54:28 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

I will try to remember what the word 'patience' means. Not very good at
that!

I'm the same.   ;-)

Or should that be   :-(

Either way, the note taking does have the added benefits of;
  a) slowing you down
and
  b) making you think about what you've already done
Which may lead you to
  c) notice something you missed out or did out of sequence (for example)

I don't believe it. I took your advice, and found a help file from HP about not being able to link to the wifi with my printer.

The first thing I had to do, after turning it on, was press the wifi button at the back of the printer. What wifi button? So I really searched hard, and found what I had thought was a small mark on the casing. But no, it was a small hole in the casing, with a tiny button inside. So I pressed that, as instructed, and followed the instructions carefully. And what do you know? It works!!!

I then checked my laptop for a printer, and there it was, ready to use. Previously there had been nothing.

So now my desktop will print with the USB cable or wifi, and my laptop works just fine with the wifi.

Computers,sometimes I hate them,

Neil