Re: [LUG] A new printer

On 20/10/2020 15:28, Paul Sutton wrote:

I use hplip and hplip-plugin without issue ...

I have a HP Envy 5530 printer,  it seems, the issue here is with compatible or refilled cartridges (HP don't like you using them, it clearly removes their revenue stream)

Local printer / computer supplies shop have suggested switching off the update feature in the printer, as it knows what type of ink cartridge I am using.

Paul

Yes, I realise that. But I cannot afford their official cartridges. I did not know that I could switch off updates. If I keep this one or buy a new one I will look out for that facility.

Thanks,

Neil