Re: [LUG] A new printer

On 20/10/2020 13:41, Neil wrote:
> HP Photosmart 5520 (Back then it cost me £70)
>
> I had a small problem with this printer today when replacing used up
> cartridges with new ones. It just would not recognise the black
> cartridge. The three colours were fine.
>
> Took it to the local shop.They have tried different black cartridges, so
> far without any success. It is probably some problem with the printer
> itself.
>
> I have checked my records and it is nearly 8 years old, so I have not
> done badly. I do use it every day, so I will need to have one available.
> And it does have a scanner built in, which I have used occasionally.
>
> So, I am asking for some recommendations please. I do need colours, and
> wifi. I do use it every day. HP preferred, because I know them a bit,
> but have also used Epson.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

No help for colour use, but I have successfully used Oki Printers Black
& White with Linux for over 14 years.
Current model B431dn   (uses Ethernet, not Wifi but a Wifi model is
available).
They do colour lasers, but I have no experience with colour.
As I had a largish  print run when editing documents for my erstwhile
employer, this model allowed about 400 pages per week Black & White
economically.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald