Re: [LUG] Chromebooks

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020, 11:34 Neil, <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My wife has an old laptop, over seven years now, and says it is getting
a bit slow. (Not an SSD). I agree it is time for an upgrade. She has
been looking around the internet and has come across chromebooks. I have
told her that it would not be a good idea to go in for one of those. Too
slow for a start.

Did I do the right thing?

Thanks,

Neil

If the plan is to ditch her old laptop anyway, you could always let her try ChromiumOS before jumping to conclusions. I haven't used it in a while but Arnold The Bat (Google it) provides pretty easy to install versions that can be used on generic laptops.

Grant. :)