[LUG] USB sticks part 2

Since I am still having some problems with my USB sticks, I decided to have a look at a utility called Disks, which is in my accessories list in the main menu. (In synaptic it is named gnome-disks).

This is quite a useful program, and so far I have managed to get five sticks working properly. I have another five sticks which are giving me problems, so I am asking for some help with this please.

Some of them will not let me paste any files, saying that it is read only. According to the listing of the permissions, they all have both read and write permissions set up.

Another disk will not let me format it because it contains a partition table. I thought they all had partition tables!!!

Obviously things I am not understanding here. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Neil