Re: [LUG] Mains power control and measurement.

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 15:09:47 GMT Tom via list wrote:
> It seems that FIT is no longer paid for new PV so electricity companies
> will be getting free power on sunny days. As such I'm wondering how to
> stop this happening and this of course comes with a more generalised
> power control (you want to turn on your immersion and/or storage heaters
> when you are not using all you generate. I've had a look around and
> there are devices that come close but they seem ludicrously expensive.
> Anyone got any experience of these at all - I was thinking of making
> something with a PiZero  to opensource to try and stop this madness!

One of my former bosses had a company doing precisely this, using small
embedded systems, although them mostly to track generation for the various
incentives (and to give people something pretty to look at).

I met up with the guy building these to see if I could contribute to some of
the work, I can put you in touch if you like.

My understanding was that new FIT applications cease, but the existing
installations are paid till the equipment is 20 or 25 years old (depending
which date it was enrolled).