Re: [LUG] viruses and protecting against them

On Wednesday, 14 November 2018 08:14:33 GMT Pentiddy wrote:
> Hi all,
> still seem to be having a few issues, and wondered if you might be able
> to comment on the following entries in the syslog...

The entries don't look suspicious to me.

That said I'd still always advocate a clean build, because bad stuff has a
habit of hiding well.

First Linux malware I hit loaded kernel modules and modified the file utilities
to make it hard to find it existed, they were clever but easily bypassed if you
suspected the box was infected in the first place, but to casual inspection it
all looked normal.