Re: [LUG] Network Setup

Hi

Thanks for all the replies thus far. My goal today was to install the hardware and make it work which it is now doing. Thus far I have switched off wifi on the Netgear and it is now cabling into the Draytek which is providing wifi around the house. It is nice having numerous device connected and no lag! So, it would be easy for me to sit back and admire what has been accomplished but I believe some might suggest to do more!

Can I have a vote please? Safest option is to leave it be but I am already aware of the router's power capability. So leave be or switch Netgear into modem mode and then configure the Draytek to do all the work. I must admit that I am tending towards that. It means the Draytek could be left on if or when we get cable or fibre. It would be an easy install.

Can Giles explain a bit more about PPPoE please?