Re: [LUG] filtering recovered jpeg files

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
On 20/08/18 22:15, Pentiddy wrote:
Hello all...
A few years back I made the novice mistake of losing all my photos due to a disk crash...
I did however manage to run a recovery program on the disk and get images off it.
I am wanting to finally sort through these and delete spurious thumbnails, internet cached images etc. and wondered if there is a convenient way of for instance filtering just full sized pictures out of the folders, or deleting files below a certain size... I am Xfce based so thunar scripts an option...
Any help with this greatly appreciated- trying to sort out some memorable photo's for my Daughter leaving home.
Thanks
Anthony

Pretty sure there are tools around in the wild for this exact purpose .. have you not found them, or found them lacking?

You can do a 'find <blah> -delete' for small files (look for -size test) if that helps any .. but test before running! :D

Best regards,
Michael.