Re: [LUG] Meetings

On 20/08/18 14:01, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> From the website it seems that the only regular meetings being held at
> the moment are the Plymouth meeting (this Saturday) and the Holsworthy
> meeting (this weekend gone).
>
> Is this right, or is the meetings page out of date?
>
> Grant. :)

The page us up to date,  however

We were holding the TTJ in Paignton from 2013 to April 2018.  This will
be restarted to a regular event (different name) as another tech jam.

I was thinking this talk, discussion format could just be integrated in
to the jam,  it is more adult focused yes,  but code club and coder dojo
are going to take the pressure off the jam,   so if anyone has a project
they want to work on,  or something they want to show to others
(something really simple to very complex), the jam is a more useful
forum for that.

It will still be open to all ages, and anyone who wants 'tuition' needs
to go to code club,  or elsewhere in this sense.

a discussion on vpns is not a tutorial,  we can just discuss how we have
set them up, why,  the software used, pro's , cons, and maybe give some
pointers on finding out more, and what alternatives exist out there, how
everything fits into the world of mobile computing.

Part of the jam can be set a side for those who are interested.   People
know that and know most activities can stop while we discuss something.

I met some of the outreach team from the Met office at the Exeter jam a
while back, again they are able to drop in to events and do their thing,
they had part of a supercomputer and various other items to look at.

I am sure we can turn the jam in to something that is pretty vibrant,
but relevant to people in some way.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton