[LUG] HELP - Monitor EDID & Alieanware 8 Bleeps

Hello Devon & Cornwall.

This is my first email here and I reach out for help.

A friend of mine had come to me with an issue with his Dell Alienware
M18xr1 gaming laptop.
He used a program from the Steam Store called PrecisionX which I
believe is used for Overclocking. He made some "unknown" changes and
restarted his computer and then was greated by 8 beeps at POST.

A bit of digging reveils that he has overwritten something on his
monitor called EDID and that is what causes the 8 Beeps.

Apparently this can be fixed with Linux but i'm not sure how.

Is anyone able to explain in laymans terms what needs to be done to get
this laptop working again?

To recap,
The laptop doesn't complete POST,
Plugging a monitor into HDMI shows a blinking curser top left during
repeating 8 Beeps.
Unplugging laptop monitor completely still causes 8 Beeps.

Info,
Windows 7 64bit
Intel 2920XM
780m 4GB GTX Nvidia