Re: [LUG] Recommendations on getting started with electronics.

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:44:29PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

> On 12/06/18 02:13, Dom Rodriguez wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I've been interested in electronics for a while now, and I thought it
> > might be nigh to try and do some Arduino magic.
> >
> > Does anyone know of basic "kits", or what to order for playing with
> > electronics. I have a Arduino Leonardo and a basic breadboard, but
> > that's it right now. If anyone has any tips/suggestions on a way to
> > get involved in electronics, that'd be really helpful for me.
> >
> > Thanks for your help :-)
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Dom Rodriguez (shymega / dzr).
> >

> I usually order items from Bangood in China
>
> https://www.banggood.com/ if you search for:-
>
> Product ID: 1161006 This is a really basic starter kit for 8.35, If
> I paste the direct url here it is 3 lines of text. So I am not going
> to do that.

I was trying to remember that company last night. I knew it began with
a 'B', but I couldn't remember the rest..

How do you find the quality of their electronics? Intrigued as you
said you usually order items from there.

> I do agree with Gordon about contacting local groups too, by meeting
> up face to face with people you may be able to get stuff from other
> users / makers.

I'm actually in the process of contacting local groups as well, but as
I'm a subscriber to this list, it was the first list I emailed.

> Hope this helps.

It does, especially the link to Banggood. Was looking on eBay to start
with..

--
Best regards,
Dom Rodriguez (shymega / dzr).