Re: [LUG] Python issues...

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
Hi Eion,

My system is running a 64bit Xubuntu 16.04, a fresh install e few days ago after messing about trying to install mint (as stated didn't even complete installer without an error!)
So I did a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade, then followed the instructions on the link I shared before. It all just did it. I had tried to execute the installer before doing this and then afterwards it worked.
I didn't specifically install glib.
The only other thing I did do was as try to do what Tom te tom te tom suggested and install python-pip- though once I had done this it could not find zlib...(this was before the instructions on the link page)
I should explain that have a somewhat haphazard approach to Linux, and things like why it works on one install on one computer and not on the same install on another is a complete mystery and has been the cause of much frustration- both for me and my very patient Wife! That being said I still love it!
Good luck with the rti stuff.
A final thought on this- I previously had two different netbooks that were running 32bit Xubuntu 16.04 and they both installed rti software without issues... could you try a 32bit system either dual boot installed or on a USB stick with persistence to use the software thereby sidestepping the whole MSWindows use...?

Thanks to all for help!

Anthony