Re: [LUG] Small desktop computers

Small form factor computers have been around for a while.  Also seen a
few at the Tech Jam.  I know Tom Brough was using one for something
networking related, dhcp server I think.

Granted some are atom based,  so low powered and portable.

On 03/02/18 17:28, Neil wrote:
> I was looking around the internet today and happened on so called small
> desktop computers. When I converted the dimensions to inches
> (millimetres, what are they?) I couldn't believe it. I thought I must
> have made a mistake, but other versions seemed to confirm it. And they
> mostly seem to have Linux installed.
>
> If I am right, to my mind it would look just stupid, a diddy box like
> that alongside a normal sized screen and keyboard. And yet I see a claim
> that they are becoming more popular. Really? And how would you get
> inside the box if necessary?

How would a small device next to a normal size screen look any different
to a Raspberry Pi plugged in to a TV? Given some TVs are now getting on
for 40"-> 50" +

The choices are great,  sometimes with these small units they can fit on
the back of the monitor / tv via the VESA connections (4 screws) the Pi
can with the right adapter kit (inexpensive).  Or these boxes can slide
out of the way and become unobtrusive.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net