[LUG] Fedora to ???

Hi

With all the problems I am having with Fedora on my desktop I want to
install a different desktop to test if there are similar problems to
the ones I am experiencing. I would like both installs to use the same
desktop if possible. I will probably install Ubuntu as I am familiar
with it. But before I do is there any suggestions for alternatives
please? I am considering Kubuntu to use KDE to see if Gnome is the
problem.

The other task I want to do is to keep my home directory and share
between the 2 installs. How easy is it to do that please?

Many thanks.
--
Kind Regards

Richard Brown