Re: [LUG] Fwd: DVD issues Xubuntu 16.04

Title: pentiddywoodsheader
It is a Pal disc, brand new NOT blu-ray uk region 2 bona-fide disc that works in a macbook but not on the two versions of Windows or the two versions of Linux I have tried it on.
I have tried 2 different optical drives but have yet to try the disc in a more traditional player- as I do not have one.
I will take it to my folks' place and try it there...
Can anyone suggest a way of legally watching films on a Linux system- I have been looking at things like Netflix and Amazon Prime, but they don't seem to be compatible with Linux. I am just wanting to watch the odd film without farting around with DVD issues (I used to use Lovefilm) or breaching legal stuff. I still don't know if my internet connection is good enough to stream- but 2Mb/s seems to be what is required and I should get that!
Kodi seemed to work for a while with various plugins, but these are becoming less reliable if they work at all...
Bla Bla Bla,
Sorry to dump all my stuff in this thread!
Regards, and thank you those who have suggested things- I appreciate your time and expertise.
Anthony