[LUG] 20161211 Off Topic BT leaves an open port 1024

dear folks,
20161211 Off Topic   BT leaves an open port 1024

Due to recent Sky / BT problems I had to get a friend back into being
able to send email.

When checking with WWWdotGRCdotCOM shields up, I found that there was an
open port port 1024 on router.
It appears (I think) due to BT offering BT Vision which when bought or
taken as free uses this port.
It appears possible to adjust it to stealth mode.
Have any of you had problems with this set up when helping Windows folks?
Any comments?
--
regards
Eion MacDonald