Re: [LUG] External hard drive

Some older computers don't boot from USB drives, but I've not seen one recently that
won't.

I don't quite follow why you upgrade that way, are they not connected to the
Internet? Also not sure why you prefer to use the external drive, it might make
sense if the external drive is solid state and thus faster than the internal disk.
Or you have to share the machine with another OS.