Re: [LUG] UK Gov Secure ID

On 15/10/16 12:06, Henry Bremridge wrote:
The UK Government have launched a secure ID site
https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/about-certified-companies

This provides links to
     Experian
     Citizen Safe
     Post Office
     Barclays
     Royal Mail
     secureidentity
     digidentity

https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/choose-a-certified-company

I looked digidentity: this seems to use s/mime certificates and I presume
Experian uses s/mime

Does anyone have any experience / thoughts on the various providers

Its that rock and hard place thing - we need some kind of truly NGO with open and verifiable methodology for this. Not seen a solution I like as yet.

Tom te tom te tom