Re: [LUG] Video about Superfast Cornwall

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016, Kai Hendry wrote:

Hi guys,

Are you on FTTC "superfast" with an "impacted line" like myself?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLfF0FEkYFw

I think something like £132m has been spent on the "big build" so far
and I can't help but feel it's a scandal. Maybe it's just me?

Its just you.

Here is what to do:

1. Manage your own trees.

2. Do what others have done. Run your own fibre/cat5 and power down to your property boundary. Put your own little waterproof box in. Get BT to terminate the copper from their pole into your own box and to the modem. Then you manage your own connection and don't have to whinge every time you get a puff of wind that touches BTs precious copper wire over your land through your trees.

Gordon