Re: [LUG] Xubuntu 16.04

On 28/04/16 09:08, barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have just had a look at Xubuntu 16.04 which is just out. I ran it
> from a USB stick, I did not install it.
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has had a look at it.

I've been using it for a while on my main desktop machine --- I upgraded
when it was still in beta. It's not much different from previous
versions of xubuntu. Prior to the upgrade I was using 14.04.

The big change for me was the lack of proprietary AMD graphics drivers
--- I'm forced to use the OSS radeon drivers. Also, gcc defaults to gcc
6, with C++14 as the default dialect for g++.

I've installed it on my laptop too, and everything seems fine there.

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++11 thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk