Re: [LUG] Web Mail with Filters

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:42:12 +0000
Ben Whorwood <ml-devcornlinuxgrp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you use cPanel then you can create server-side rules through the
> control panel or when logging into webmail
> (http://example.com/webmail typically) - *before* selecting Horde,
> Squirrel Mail, etc, select Email filtering and create the rules in
> there, for example:
>
> https://ar.al/484/
>
> Hosted email providers (like Rackspace) tend to provide this kind of
> facility through their bespoke webmail or control panel interfaces.
>
> Not sure if you host your website on shared hosting or a VPS, etc,
> which really sets out the options you have. Things like the above if
> shared hosting, procmail and the like if you run your own server.
>
> ~Ben
Thanks, I had not noticed filters in cPanel. I will have a look at
that. Otherwise I can see that I would need to duplicate all my filters
in eg Horde to match the ones already set up in TBird. I don't think my
filters would cause any problem if I looked at the emails in TB and
then later in Horde. Anyway, I will find out.

Neil