Re: [LUG] Web Mail with Filters

Thunderbird runs its email filters as part of the client side processing
so they will be run when the client reads messages from the server.
Server/web based systems do not have this component as all the
processing takes place on the server.
In the past I have used procmail [1] to handle mail filtering on my
server. This is driven by config. files with rules that define what mail
should go where.
This would work with any web mail interface and would also filter the
emails before they got to Thunderbird.
There are some web interfaces that will build procmail rules for you if
you don't want to hand code them. [2][3]
Another option (which I haven't used) is Sieve [4] which is compatible
with Roundcube.

Cheers,

Pete

1. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Procmail