Re: [LUG] psensor et all

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015, Tom wrote:

I've just booted up my laptop - absolutely freezing in here - and psensor pops up and says the CPU's are at 40C as usual.
Is there a way of checking the calibration?

A tiny piece of silicon is going to heat up very quickly indeed, so despite the outside temperature being low, it's not surprise (to me, at least) that it's still reading what it usually reads. Especially in these enlightened days of variable speed fans and what not. Try measuring the temperature of the exhaust gas from the fan...

Gordon